Thursday 10 November 2011

Goodbye Santiago/Hello Life

Goodbye St James the Pilgrim and St James the Matamoor Slayer.



I flew out of Santiago on Tuesday 18 October 2011. This was 5 days earlier than I planned, but with me not walking to Finisterre I found myself all of a sudden restless and ready to go.

My plane left from La Coruna airport which was about an hour by bus from Santiago. The bus driver thought he was doing me a favour and dropped me off on the highway. There I was, trekking (limping) up the hill not sure where I was going. But all was well, soon the aeroporto appeared on my left hand side, people were speaking English and I was on my way to Britian.

Sitting at the airport I had mixed feelings, some sadness, elation because I was going to see my kids and a feeling of having left something somewhere. Maybe a little bit of myself stayed behind.

This is the 2nd to last post on the El Camino and I hope you enjoyed journeying with me on the Field of Stars.

Perplexed Peregrino

No comments: